What is the Importance of Deep Conditioning? What is Deep Conditioning ? What types of Deep Condition treatments are there? These are all question you may ask yourself about deep conditioning , Well after doing extensive, extensive research I have most of your questions answered in a 3 part series of post. Each post will feature products & tools that will help you be successful in the deep conditioning aspect of your natural hair journey . Just to be clear I am not a professional or specialist but I can give you the knowledge that I have obtained in trial and error with my own hair recovery journey.
WHAT IS DEEP CONDITIONING?
Deep Conditioning is deep penetration of the hair follicles with a conditioning treatment !
WHY IS DEEP CONDITIONING SO IMPORTANT?
Deep conditioning is important because a regular shampoo & condition will not help your hair get the extra nutrients that it may require according to your hairs needs.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CONDITIONING TREATMENTS ?
1. Instant Conditioners
- Designed for regular/daily use
- Best for people with thin or oily hair
- Doesn’t deep condition well, they are very much surface acting
2. Cream-Rinse (a.k.a. creme-rinse) Conditioners
- Great for de-tangling
- Great for heat protection, so you can use this type of conditioner AFTER your regular condition and shampoo for heat protection element
**** Cream-rinse conditioners generally do not contain all the moisturizers, oils and ingredients that are strongly attracted to hair as found in a deep conditioner, a moisturizing conditioner or a protein conditioner. On average they are also thinner in consistency.
3. Deep conditioners
- Boost moisture
- Boost protein
- Strengthen the hair strands
- Should be done weekly
**To improve the conditioning process make sure you are using heat **
4. Moisturizing conditioners
- Boost moisture
- Boost hair elasticity
- Reduce frizz
5. Protein conditioners
- Temporarily rebuild damage along the hair’s cuticle
- They are surface acting so when you wash your hair you remove this protein
- Also contain moisture boosting element unlike protein re constructors / treatments
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DEEP CONDITION YOUR HAIR ?
The most sufficient way to deep condition your hair is to use heat! Using heat while deep conditioning your hair helps the deep conditioner penetrate the hair shaft better and helps your hair retain moisture and the nutrients that are needed.
HOW CAN I DEEP CONDITION MY HAIR WITH HEAT ?
Hot Steam Shower– Turning your shower water temperature to the highest degree and sitting in the bathroom while you let the steam fill the room ** do this option ONLY after consulting with the doctor.
Hooded Dryer – after covering your hair with a plastic cap sit under a hooded dryer for about 15-20 minutes.
Dryer Attachment – You attach your blow dryer to a piece of equipment that goes onto your head like a bag and let your deep conditioner do its magic.
Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap – Pop the Deep Conditioning cap in the microwave for about 30 Seconds on each side then put it right on your head for about 30-40 minutes & go about your day **Personally my favorite form of using heat while deep condition**
WHAT ARE HOTHEADS ?
- Hot Head is the original flax filled, microwavable, deep conditioning heat cap. It is allowing people all over the world the freedom to achieve the results of a salon quality deep conditioning treatment at home with ease.
- Hot Head™ dramatically improves the result of your favorite deep conditioner, hair masque, oil, or other hair treatment. Without heat, your hair treatment can only do so much to improve the quality of your hair. Typically, the hair cuticle is closed, so the treatment is only able to work on the surface of the hair shaft. The results are minimal and superficial when compared to heat enhanced deep conditioning treatments. Hot Head enables the hair cuticle to open for an extended period, allowing the hair treatment to penetrate the hair shaft, nourishing it from the inside out.
WHY I CHOOSE HOT HEADS ?
Choosing Hot Heads was one of the best decisions I have made when it comes to recovering my hair. This product not only helps the deep conditioner and oils penetrate my hair but it is a convenience. I could easily put my product in my hair , heat up my hot head and continue doing what I want to do with the freedom of both of my hands with no problem.
THIS CONCLUDES PART ONE OF MY DEEP CONDITIONING SERIES I HOPE I HAVE ANSWERED SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS YOU MAY ASK ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF DEEP CONDITIONING! IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY SO THEY CAN GET INFORMED ABOUT DEEP CONDITIONING AND THE THINGS THEY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DEEP CONDITIONING.
CATCH YOU NEXT TIME ON DEEP CONDITIONING WITH MALAJA DIOR 🙂
P. S. THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE COMPLETELY MINE AND 100% HONEST !
If you want to continue to see product reviews please feel free to contact
Email : Malajadior@gmail.com
Social Media :@Realmalajadior_